“Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?”


“Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?”

I came across this quote today and it kind of punched in my face as if telling me this is for you.

And I am sure that a lot of us would feel the same when they would feel those words.

I don’t remember who I was before I became one among this frenzy of mob moving around me.

I don’t remember what my values were before I was taught by the family, friends, society and the teachers.

I don’t remember what my habits were,

I don’t remember what I thought then,

I don’t remember what my limits were,

Nor I know what I wished then about myself and people around me and the world around me,

But one thing I know for sure,

That when I was born, I was part of that cosmos which has place for everyone,

And I thought same until people told me that you can’t be part of such and such thing,

When I was born, I was pure because like all of us, I was also part of the almighty like they say that Child is the face of the God,

And I was same until I was given how to have jealousy, envy, and hatred;

As a child, I never knew if there is any limit to anything because I didn’t know if there is any such word,

I loved without limits, I laughed without limits,

And I got angry without limits as well but that was a bubble, I would forget the anger in few moments and get rid of the burden it carried unlike now when sometimes I carry a very heavy load for days altogether,

When I was a child, I never ever thought that I couldn’t be such and such things,

Everything was possible for me until I was told to be in the limits,

So all I want to say here is that I don’t remember what I was before I was told what I should be,

But I definitely remember what I wasn’t before you know...:)

Comments

Popular Posts